Recently, I’ve taken on a job where the concept of a ‘work-life balance’ is essentially non-existent. I feel like I wake up, go to work, am lucky if I get to eat a full meal, and go to bed (only to repeat the cycle for the rest of the week).
All of the stress and anxiety I thought I had rid my body of is flooding back, and I admittedly feel at a loss with how to cope. My eating habits are off, the gym doesn’t happen, my mind never shuts off, I feel like a mess. However, I realize that there are so many more of us out there that are dealing with this exact same thing. We unintentionally let ourselves go (mentally and physically) when we have little to no work-life balance.
So, as I sit here on this beautiful Sunday morning in Brooklyn (where I’m still stressing about work tomorrow), I know that I need to make a change. My job is going to stay the same, and will take me down with it if I let it. Instead, I’m deciding to make a conscious decision to not let my work drag me along any more.
Will I still have hard days? Probably. Will I still end with a 60 hour work week? Definitely. But what will hopefully change is my attitude towards it all.
With that being said, I encourage you to join me as I jump into my own 30 day self-love challenge, which I believe will in turn create a better work-life balance for myself.
What will this challenge include? Well, it may look way different for you, but here’s what I want mine to include:
- First, just putting it out there into the universe that I need a change (but doing the work necessary on my end to get me there).
- Eliminating the amount of negative self-talk that I’m currently allowing myself to do.
- Taking 1 hour (or more if I have it) to do one thing that I love each day (this could be just laying in bed watching a show, reading a book, going to a certain place, etc.)
- Meeting up with friends more often.
- Making time for exercise (my current goal is three times a week for now, and hopefully I can up it from there!).
- Getting my favorite coffee or tea before work to set myself up for a good morning.
- Preparing meals and snacks ahead of time so that I’ll have unlimited healthy snacks to grab from throughout my work day.
- Sneaking ten minutes in the work day to just sit and breathe.
- Standing up for myself when I need to leave work on time.
- Going home to visit my family because I always feel better when I get there.
This list is what I am going to read through every day to make sure that I’ve accomplished at least one thing. I’m sure there are more that I can do that I’m not thinking of, but for now I have my outline. This is what I want to push all of you out there to do, make an outline of things that you can do to promote more self-love in your life.
It’s unfortunate that we have to think about making time for ourselves, but as I’m learning, it is so essential. Primarily for leading a more balanced life (especially when work is taking over).
My goal is to implement this challenge into my routine for the next thirty days, and if all goes well this will be something that comes more naturally. You will see weekly updates on my blog about how I am doing in this challenge (mostly to hold myself accountable).
If you are experiencing a similar imbalance in your life, do this with me. Thirty days is nothing when you are creating a better version of yourself, and allowing yourself to lead a life where you are more in-sync with everything.
So here’s to the next 30 days of manifesting so much self-love!
Follow along on my Instagram where I’ll be posting all about this throughout the challenge!